Anchor Girl

"Work like you don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt, And dance like no one's watching."

Sunday, August 17, 2008

SUCCESS!!!

Meet the "new" me!!!!

















On February 2, 2008, I began a journey of finding the "new" me!

On August 16, 2008, I completed the first phase of that journey. I reached my Weight Watchers goal!!!!

I started my journey weighing 232.8 lbs. During my journey, I lost 48.8 lbs. to reach my goal weight of 184 lbs.

The journey began when I walked into the Strongsville Recreation Center for my very first Weight Watchers meeting on February 2. I went alone and knew no one. As I was signing in at the front desk, a lady was in front of me and asked if I was going to Weight Watchers. I said, "Yes, I'm new." She said, "My name's Pat. You can follow me and I'll help you!" Pat became my first "Weight Watcher Friend" and a wonderful motivator and celebrator of my successes.

I never thought getting to goal would be possible. I figured that I'd stick with the program for a few weeks, or even a month or so and then give up. But, I totally surprised myself! I read all the materials, used the online resources and talked to everyone I could find who was currently in Weight Watchers or who had done the program. Once the weight started coming off that was all the motivation I needed to keep going.

When I reached my goal on Saturday (8/16/08), my WW friend, Pat, was there to celebrate with me! Whenever I had something to celebrate at the meeting, Pat stands up and says, "It's Happy Dance Time!!" She'd dance around in a circle and wave her arms above her head. She told me that when I reached goal, she would form a "Happy Dance Congo Line!"

So, when Jen (our fabulously wonderful leader) came to the "Celebration" part of the meeting on Saturday, she asked me to share my good news. "I made goal!!", I shouted!!!! Everyone clapped and cheered. Pat stood up, and said, "It's Happy Dance Congo Line time!!" I jumped up and Pat followed me around the room while we cheered.

As I type this... it may sound crazy to you... but, let me tell you, it was fabulous!!!! There were a few members at the meeting who I've seen before. We're familiar with each other's journey and progress, and have chatted before/after the meeting. And, there were some people who I'd never met before. But, at that moment... it didn't matter! EVERYONE was excited for me because I had made my goal!!

It was an amazing feeling that I'll never forget!! I have gained so much support and confidence from attending the meetings each week. (I'm so dedicated that even though we're boating on the weekends in Sandusky and I can't attend my regular Strongsville meeting, I attend a meeting in Sandusky! But... I always wish I was in Strongsville with my regular WW friends!!!)

So, without further delay... let me share with you some pictures to show my progress: (You can also look at some earlier posts for some "pre-NEW ME" photos!)

September 2007 (photo date Sept. 15, 2007)

Christmas 2007 (photo date December 25, 2007)

Valentine's Day 2008 (two weeks after starting Weight Watchers)

Keith & Kristen's Wedding (photo taken April 5, 2008)

New Hair and Color in celebration of WW 10% goal
(photo date April 29, 2008)

My Birthday Weekend (photo date May 17, 2008)

July 2008 (photo date July 16, 2008)

GOAL!!!! (photo date August 16, 2008)

Earlier in this post, I said that on August 16, 2008, I completed the "first phase of the journey". Yes, even though I made it to my goal... there's still more to come. For the next 6 weeks, I will go on a maintenance plan where I'll increase my daily food and attempt to stop losing weight and maintain my weight. At the end of the 6 weeks, if I am no more than 2 lbs. over my goal, I will achieve LIFETIME MEMBER status with Weight Watchers!!!! (No more paying for meetings!!!)

AND........... I'm eligible to work for Weight Watchers! I can become a Meeting Leader or a Meeting Receptionist. My leader, Jen, has already asked me if I'd be interested and I said, definitely! :-)

I'm so proud of myself for everything that I've accomplished. I worked hard and made a HUGE and HEALTHY lifestyle change!! I couldn't have done it without the support of my wonderful family, especially my parents and grandma.... and my wonderful friends.

And most importantly my amazing husband!! (who has even lost some weight himself just from eating my new healthier cooking and trying to make better food choices for himself) Bob has truly been a wonderful support to me every step of the way. And, I'm certain that I couldn't have done it without his constant encouragement and love!



(Side note... it's been quite awhile since I've posted... and I haven't even talked about the week-long boat trip that Bob and I took at the end of July. I'll save that for another day!)

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2008 5:56 PM , Blogger lillyella said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You look amazing!!! I'm almost done with your bracelet (sorry so slow!) - you'll still use it yes?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home