Anchor Girl

"Work like you don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt, And dance like no one's watching."

Monday, May 19, 2008

Another year older...

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Today, I turned 31 years young! :-P (And... one year ago today we moved into our house!!)

I decided to take the day off. (I took last Friday off too and had a 4-day weekend!)

Bob took the day off as well to celebrate my birthday with me. I wanted to spend the day looking for a new car. So, we went to 4 car dealerships in 6 hours. And, I have it narrowed down to two cars... not the two cars that I would have thought I would be considering. If you asked me a week ago, I would have said I would be purchasing a Toyota RAV4 or a Kia Sportage. But, after all the hours of "tire-kicking" (as Bob likes to say), I'm deciding between a Dodge Journey or a Hyundai Santa Fe.

We'll see what happens. I'm not ready to go out tomorrow and make a purchase... although, it would be nice to have a new car. I've had my current car for 6.5 years. My red Pontiac Sunfire has over 93,000 miles on it. It only had 241 when I purchased it in February 2002. It's been a great car... and I've had a lot of good memories with it. But, I think it's time to move on to something new.

So, after a long day of car shopping, Bob and I went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. (My favorite!!) Actually, I had all my favorites today... Starbucks for breakfast, Chipotle for lunch, and Macaroni Grill for dinner... along with chocolate cake smothered in hot fudge and whipped cream as a birthday treat from Macaroni Grill. Needless to say... this wasn't a Weight Watchers friendly day... but, this has been the first day since I started WW 15 weeks ago and that I didn't follow my points. But, I'm ok with it! I've been doing absolutely wonderful, and I'm very pleased with my weight loss so far. One day filled with all my favorites isn't going to erase my progress! :-)

After dinner, I opened my present from Bob. He got me the Coach cellphone case to match my new Coach purse that I got for myself after reaching my 10% weight loss goal. (See my post from April 23!!!)

Now, I'm off to watch some TV before heading off to bed. My birthday was a very exciting one, and I'm happy that I got to enjoy the day with my wonderful husband! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home